Amici Art Contest
Appreciation for the Arts
As an arts organization, we appreciate the incredible contribution that creative people make to our community, and we look for any opportunity to support existing artists and encourage new ones.
Annually, Chamber Music Amici solicits art work from Lane County artists in a contest where winners help us promote our concerts. Their work graces the covers of our program books, highlights our concerts on our website, appears in social media posts, and more!
In return, artists of Lane County win cash prizes through both the regular and People’s Choice Awards categories. During the 2019-2020 season, a new under-18 category was added. We enjoy sharing with the community the reveal of the finalists at our popular and well-attended annual reception at the Emerald Art Center in Springfield.
Explore the gallery below of past winners, and review the guidelines below to ready your submission!
Details of the Amici Art Contest 2021-2022
Deadline: Friday, January 15, 2021
We call it the Amici Art Contest 2021-2022 because the six winning pieces will be featured on promotional materials for that season. Here is the rest of the information, in short order.
Number One Rule — Eligibility
Contest open only to Lane County, Oregon, residents
Number Two Rule — Size Matters
- Square format is encouraged
- Non-square format must be created at a ratio of 5:6 width to height. For example (with decimals rounded up):
— 5 inches wide x 6 inches high
— 8 inches wide x 10 inches high
— 10 inches wide x 12 inches high
— 24 inches wide x 29 inches high
Number Three Rule — Submission Limitation
Two entries maximum per artist (entry requirements listed below)
Number Four Rule — Two Categories for Submissions
- Youth (for entrants below 18 years of age)
- Open (entrants over 18 years of age)
But Three Categories of Possible Winners
- Youth — One (1) $200 award winner
- Open — Five (5) $200 award winners
- People’s Choice — One (1) $100 award winner (and entrant can be both a Youth/Open winner and a People’s Choice award winner)
Deadline for All Submissions
Friday, January 15, 2021
Entry Form: Artwork must be submitted with the entry form downloaded here: Amici Art Contest and Guidelines + Entry Form
Submission Format: High-resolution image (tif, jpg, png) of the art piece
Bio Requirement: Minimum 100-word bio with artist background and the artist statement — the inspiration/story about the submitted artwork
Chamber Music Amici
Attn: Amici Art Contest
PO Box 50824
Eugene, Oregon 97401
- Finalists are selected.
- Finalists must submit artwork framed and ready for display by January 26, 2021 at Emerald Art Center, 500 Main Street, Springfield, where the People’s Choice Award is chosen.
- Artists retain ownership of their artwork.
- Artwork displayed February 2021 at the Emerald Art Center; March and April 2021 at Cascade Manor Retirement & Assisted Living Facility.
- Finalists must pick up their artwork at the end of April 2021, the end of the display period.